lyrics, study, and other muses

Friday, February 5, 2010

Binary Polarity

Tonight, I'm having the hardest time falling asleep. Again.

It's funny how right we think we are until we're all alone. Side by side.

Everyone's got their feelings mixed up in the matter! It's like maybe if we could just stop feeling, we could all be right. That's probably the most true thing I've said all night. If we could all be right, I don't think anyone would have anymore feelings.

Ashley,
I love you. I'm sorry for acting calloused and hardened towards you. I want to learn how to be more considerate of you, especially while you're not feeling well. Especially since I'm the one who "got you sick." (I hope that made you chuckle) I'm going to keep trying. I'm going to surrender myself to the Holy Spirit and commit to praying for you even when I'm feeling pissy. I did that tonight, and look... I ended up writing this poem. I love you. Did I say that yet? I do. I can't wait until we get to see the fruit of this uncomfortable season in our lives! Regarding all aspects, I think and hope we will say, "IT WAS WORTH IT!"

I love you.


With no further ado:

Binary Polarity

We are asymmetrical
heart-shaped magnets,
scratched on all sides from rubbing each other the wrong way,
and sometimes the right.

We both are positive and negative,
both negatively positive, and positively negative;
forceful by nature,
natural by force.

We dance each other heart into our arms
where thrusts follow slightest turns,
and in(between the pulls) we push;
both spinning nearly,
out of all control
and as though our gravities were rapidly flippant;
colliding and repelling,
finally settling into this familiar tension.

Here,
if I didn't know your shape so well
(each ventricle,
each cell,
all your angles,
seams, and smells),
I say,
I could still feel your magnetism pushing me away,
and pulling me in.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

the poem is good. the blog stuff and intro. makes me wanna leave the room and chill outside the bible study.